There are always people looking to change companies, join a new company, or wanting to see how they rank among the top MLM companies (if they are even on the list). But, before I begin, let me tell you this:
This is a NO RECRUITING ZONE!!!
What that means is that you are not going to be pitched at the end about some other company or business that we think is best. This may truly be the only “neutral” top MLM company list. Also, to be clear, we use the term MLM to refer to any company that would also be considered multi-level marketing, network marketing, affiliate marketing, home-based business, or business opportunity.
The following criteria were used in determining the top 20 MLM companies: popularity, years in business, internet popularity, Google page rank, U.S. Alexa rank, and other subjective factors that I research (i.e. Company name changes, compensation plan changes, legal issues, opening in new countries, company sales growth, etc.). And, as a unique twist, we also take into consideration the companies that interact with our site, as well as monitor 5 other sites that talk about mlm companies to know what is happening in their companies news and how others rank sites… kind of our own personal ranking algorithm.
There are two new items to this list to help in better rankings:
- I am using the U.S. Alexa ranking rather than the worldwide Alexa ranking. This is a new part as of Sept 2013. I feel this is more accurate since most of our visitors are U.S. visitors to this page.
- Trending arrows – since the last update, if this company is trending up or down the list
Google Page Rank – this is a very sophisticated algorithm that Google uses to determine popularity, how many other websites link to the company. It is much more complicated than this, but suffice it to say that a Page Rank 6 is better than a Page Rank 3. Measured on a scale from 1 – 10.
Alexa Rank – this is pure traffic. Of all the websites in the world, based upon the number of visitors to the website, how does the site rank? To put things in perspective, Facebook is #2 in the world. Time Magazine is #611. National Leads is #253,000. This is out of millions and millions of websites out there.
Subjective Factors – This is my own personal evaluation. I watch the news to see if a company is being investigated for legal matters. If a company changes its name or compensation plan, that is usually a negative factor for the current time. If a company is opening in new markets, especially Asian markets, this is always a positive factor. If the company’s earnings are declining, flat, or trending up, that is taken into account.
Age of the Company – If the company is less than 5 years old, it WILL NOT be on this list. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to work with a company that is over 5 years old. With almost 20 years in the Network Marketing industry, I have seen hundreds of companies fall… and nearly everyone of them was a company less than 5 years old. You are rolling the dice if you join a company less than 5 years old. Do not believe the hype that you have to get in on the ground floor. If you don’t believe me, try a brand new company and then come back here when they close down before their 3rd or 5th anniversary in business. Less than 5 years old = 95% chance of failure. Period.
Let’s Get On With It!
These are the Best MLM Companies! We are working on reviews of each of these companies. Those with reviews are shown in bold below with a link to their review. More reviews are coming. All of the links for the company names below are to the company websites. They are not affiliate links.
* List updated September 6, 2013
The Top 20 Companies
- Amway – health, beauty, and household products, Pagerank 6, US Alexa rank 2,400 – (Read our Amway Review)
- Avon – beauty products, Pagerank 6, US Alexa rank 2,700 - (Read our Avon Review)
- Vemma – nutritional products, Pagerank 5, US Alexa rank 3,300
- Melaleuca – nutrition, household, and beauty products, Pagerank 5, US Alexa rank 2,400
- ACN – telecommunication services, Pagerank 6, US Alexa rank 7,400
- Mary Kay Cosmetics – beauty products, Pagerank 5, US Alexa rank 6,200
- doTERRA – health and skin care products, Pagerank 3 , US Alexa rank 10,700 – (Read our doTERRA Review)
- Pampered Chef – household products, Pagerank 5, US Alexa rank 7,300
- Tupperware – household products, Pagerank 5, US Alexa rank 7,200
- Nu Skin – beauty and nutrition products, Pagerank 6, US Alexa rank 12,900
- Arbonne – beauty products, Pagerank 5, US Alexa rank 11,100
- USANA – nutritional products, Pagerank 6, US Alexa rank 13,400
- 4Life – nutritional products, Pagerank 4, US Alexa rank 4,500
- 5 Linx – technology, Pagerank 4, US Alexa rank 7,000
- Xango – nutritional products, Pagerank 4, US Alexa rank 19,800 – (Read our Xango Review)
- Herbalife – health and skin care products, Pagerank 4, US Alexa rank 12,400 - (Read our Herbalife Review)
- Mannatech – nutritional and skin care products, Pagerank 4, US Alexa rank 39,200 – (Read our Mannatech Review)
- Legal Shield – legal services, Pagerank 4, US Alexa rank 5,000 – (Read our Prepaid Legal Review)
- Shaklee – health, beauty, and household products, Pagerank 6, US Alexa rank 22,200 (Read our Shaklee Review)
- Morinda – nutrition products, US Pagerank N/A, Alexa rank 29,000 (formerly Tahitian Noni)
One of the other standards that we imposed on this list is that company must be at least 5 years old, and 10 years old would be better. As we indicate throughout this site, we highly discourage the involvement in any company less than 5 years old due to the fact that 95% of all MLM companies do not make it to their 5th birthday. Therefore, if a company is over 5 years old, you can count on that company being around a while.
We could have easily expanded this list to the top 25 companies. There are other great companies such as Young Living, Monavie, Sentsy, Send Out Cards, etc. But, for now, these are the top 20.
A Quickee Overview Guide To This List
First of all, you will notice that of these 20 companies:
- 12 companies are nutritional companies
- 10 companies are beauty product companies
- 5 companies are household product companies
- 1 company is a legal services company
- 1 company is a telecommunications company
- 1 company is a technology company
Of these companies many of them have secondary lines of products that bridge the gaps (i.e. a health and beauty products company)
(Other companies to watch for: ViSalus – nearing the 5 year age mark and growing, Organo Gold – nearing 5 years old and growing fast worldwide)
Not every business opportunity company is for everyone. Look around and see which one is best for you. All of the links above are links straight to the company websites. There are no affiliate links or associate links involved – so you can investigate things on your own when you are looking for an MLM company to join.