Throughout this article, remember this: People join you first before they join your MLM company.
That is what the full-timers, the 6-figure earners, the top 100 in your company know and do.
The part timers, the want-to-be’s and those who never really go over the hump promote and brand their company but ignore themselves.
It’s all about Branding yourself first, your company second.
If you are in multilevel marketing, network marketing, or affiliate marketing, one of the biggest mistakes you make is branding the business you are in and not yourself.
What happens if you work hard and build your downline only to have the company you are in go out of business. If you have only branded your business, your downline will scatter and you will be left at square one all over again.
Why is Branding Important?
Branding is no longer an option – it is a necessity. Good branding will set you apart from your competition. Who is your competition? Every other person out there who is recruiting and wanting the attention of your prospect.
Why is Nike more popular than the tennis shoe you can get at Walmart? Why is a Lexus more valued than Kia? Why is Tony Robbins or Dani Johnson more popular than John Doe?
Is it about price? Are people just looking for the good deal? Absolutely not. People gravitate toward the brand because they want the best, the better, and the experienced, the one worth following.
You need to focus on branding you, and THEN, people will follow you to your business.
Let’s look at some of the pros and cons when it comes to branding your company vs branding yourself.
Pros and Cons of Branding Your Company
- The company gains credibility
- The company gains exposure
- You are linked to the reputation of the company ( if they are active and create a positive impact in your community, you can leverage their credibility)
- You are linked to the reputation of the company (if it get’s negative publicity, you get the negative impact of their reputation)
- Lose your income if company closes
- You Lose credibility if the company gets a bad reputation.
Pros and Cons of Branding Yourself
- You build credibility
- You become your brand
- Your network develops loyalty to you not your company
- Safeguard your finances gives your following a chance to build a relationship with you through your experiences
- You can take your brand anywhere
There are none!!
In my next article, I will talk all about “How” you go about branding yourself, even if you have a downline of 100 or less… maybe even none.